Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hello from the past

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161813

• FXT Photo
  • Damsel
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi everyone, just wanted to post up real quick and introduce myself and see if anyone remembers me from the past... :woohoo:
Now for the back story... I was a member of cmas 12+ years ago. After losing a number of items after a hurricane, I sold my stuff to local members on here and put the unsold items in storage. At the time I was running a 75 gallon reef and a 1 gallon reef (Yes, a one gallon) successfully. I'll look back at my old files and see if i can find photos, as it was unheard of at that time to have a "pico" tank. Anyway that was BK (before kids). At the time I used the username mdqc01 for those who have been around that long.
Fast forward to today, I now have three kids and have been asked to set up a tank again by them. While I do still have the 75 in storage, I don't have the room for it. However I was able to get a 6 gallon fluvl edge for cheap and plan to set it up as a nano reef starting latter this month after a few birthdays...

Anyway, looking forward to hopefully meeting up with the old timers on here from my past and meeting those newer members. Looking forward to also attending the meetings and being a member. Not having been in the hobby for so long, I see a lot has changed from an equipment standpoint... so looking forward to learning the new equipment that's out there.

Frank T
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cadillacmike

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161814

• cadillacmike
  • Blenny
  • Thank you received: 33
welcome back frank.i was around back then but not very active in the club.some of the other guys may remember you from the good old days.

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161815

• ldballoon4
  • Wrasse
  • Thank you received: 81
Welcome back, Frank!! I discovered CMAS back in 2005 :silly: New member have joined but the spirit continues. Let us know how we can help out. Lol on BK :P
Glad your are getting back in. It is a rewarding hobby with challenges and benchmarks to make you and your family proud!

-Alex
It's just money...go ahead, spend it.
Last Edit: 3 months 2 weeks ago by ldballoon4.

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161817

• Six-line
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 38
Welcome back Frank! Let us know if we can help you out getting started back up again.
Annapolis, Md Zip 21403

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161818

• Patientman
  • Shark
  • Thank you received: 64
Welcome back Frank!
Straining my brain ... I was around back then ... though I was a newbie ... name sounds familiar ...
then again I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday ... AND I have the same thing everyday!!! :side:
You can tune a piano ... but you can't tune-a-fish!

Dennis
Bel Air, MD

Hello from the past 3 months 2 weeks ago #161820

• Big Country
  • Shark
  • Thank you received: 8
Welcome Back Frank to the addiction. Not sure how long I have been around CMAS but I really didn't know many people when I first joined other than Taylor, Jesse, George and Heather. Shoot, most of us are in each others phones as screennames anyway...lol.

If you need any help just ask.
Charles

180g SPS Reef built in-wall. Deltec Kalkstirrer, Neptune Systems ACIII, Avast Marine CS-3 Cone Skimmer, 2xIT2080 ERC layout LED lighting. Vortec MP40w and IceCap Gyre 3K for circulation, Deep Blue 60g rimless frag tank with Kessil A360WE lighting, Jebao DP-4 doser
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds